With Columbus Day Duals coming up in early October, we need to begin getting organized for it. We do duals REGULARLY. If you are on our team, you are committed to being a part of our dual teams and competing for the starting spot when we do them.
Everyone in every weight class will compete for a dual spot. 1st and 2nd string may split matches with each other if parents and coaches agree to it.
Here are some important points to remember for Columbus Day Duals:
- Team Registration Form: https://scanlanwrestlingcom.regfox.com/columbus-day-duals-2022
- Location: Spooky Nook – 75 Champ Blvd. Manheim, PA
- Wrestle offs: Do not wait until wrestle-offs to sign up. If you plan to go to this (or any dual in the future), sign up. If it turns out that your wrestler does not win the wrestle-off, you will be fully refunded.
- Deadline to sign up: September 9. Please do not hesitate. After September 9, we will begin searching for free agents to fill our vacant spots. We want our team members taking the spots but need to fill the lineup as best we can so please don’t lose a spot by waiting past the deadline. We will not ditch a free agent who signs up after our deadline is reached for late registrations.
- We will be bringing 3 teams
- 3rd grade and under
- 6th grade and under
- High School
- 3rd grade and under weight classes (there is a 1 pound allowance so add 1 pound to these):
- 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 68, 72, 78, 84, 90
- 6th grade and under weight classes (there is a 1 pound allowance so add 1 pound to these):
- 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 68, 72, 76, 80, 84, 88, 92, 96, 100, 110, 130
- High School weight classes (there is a 3 pound allowance so add 3 pounds to these):
- 98, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, 285
If you do not make the starting lineup, we encourage you to either talk to the starter and the coaches about splitting matches, or get picked up as a free agent. This is another reason we set the registration deadline so that we have our lineup set and all of our wrestlers who didn’t make the starting spot can get picked up as a free agent on another team to still be able to get matches in.
If free agents would like a spot on their team, they can contact us anytime to be put on the wait list. Any other questions, please reach out!